Sunday, July 10, 2011

About This Blog

It all started with an item I came across while browsing the cosmetics section of my local Target. 

Yes, while seeing whether my favorite nail polish was back in stock, I noticed a lovely shade of red lipstick that I thought would complement both my complexion and my clothes (L'Oreal Colour Riche 310, in case you were wondering). Without much thought, I tossed in in my basket and went about my business. 

As I drove home, it occurred to me that I had just purchased my first red lipstick. It's not that I hadn't considered purchasing one before - I had. But I always refrained, thinking red too bold for someone of my relatively young age and small stature. This day, however, buying it was the nonissue I imagine it is for the average lady. 

"Huh," I thought. "How grown-up of me. Interesting." This is a thought that occurs with alarming frequency these days. I own red lipstick. I have enough important papers to need a filing cabinet. I wear heels when it isn't strictly necessary so my outfit looks right. Gas prices and taxes irk me severely, and I collect nice sheath dresses like it's my job. 

I am, I fear, on my way to becoming... an adult. A pencil-skirt-wearing, 30-minute-meal making, crazy-busy grown-up. And if I'm going to become the more functional, but no less fun version of myself, I'm bound to learn a thing or two. Might as well document and share it... or at least build a solid foundation for an insanity defense in case I completely lose it along the way. I'll be writing about developing my personal style, adventures in cooking and decorating small spaces, trying to engineer more hours in the day, and maybe even the occasional youthful shenanigan - we'll see. 

My name is Elizabeth. Welcome to my almost adult life!

No comments: